for 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk(240 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 yukon potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a small pot, melt the butter and fry the garlic until it’s just starting to brown. Add the flour, salt and pepper. whisk until there are no lumps.
- Slowly drizzle in the milk while constantly whisking to make sure the mixture is smooth.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Slice the potatoes into about ⅛-inch (3 mm) thick slices, then fan them out in a small baking dish.
- Pour the sauce on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until the top is bubbly and golden brown.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top, then serve.